Monday, April 26, 2010

Who is this King of Glory?

Why do geese fly south? Jim Rohn used to say “Because they are geese”. Geese have a genetic code built into them that assures that they will follow a certain pattern systematically. That is until weather patterns change then they observe another program or another is downloaded from an infinite divine source. A good friend of mine exclaims that everything is energy, and all energy has the divine built into it. Creation naturally moves in an ordained manner. Solomon in Ecclesiastes stated that “All the rivers flow to the sea, yet the sea is not full.”

Jesus exhorted us to consider the fowls of the air, and closely observe the lily. By doing these things we bring context to our lives in this respect. If God would clothe the lily, and feed the sparrows, will He not take care of you? He then declares that we should first seek the kingdom of God and all things would be added to us.

Throughout the years my faith has evolved with my theology, but there are many mysteries that remain. There is much that I don’t understand and probably at the forefront is the question of sin. One of my teachers once told me that sin is the result of unbelief. After a careful consideration of these words I would have to almost agree. (we will expound on that later) The mystery is “Why does man go his own his own way, while the rest of creation flows in the divine order. Why do geese fly south, beavers build dams, and yet a man beats his wife, children are abused, wars are fought.

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visitest him?

For thou hast made him but little lower than God, And crownest him with glory and honor.



God has crowned man! He has made man in His own image with abilities that far exceed the rest of creation. The highest of all God’s creatures, struggles with power, and control. The third part of the brain the cranium is what really separates man from the rest of the kingdom. Here lies the ability to reason, to deduct and to record communication. As intelligence is rapidly expanded in man, so concern grows. Where is this all going? How will it all end up?

When I contemplate eschatology, and theory about the end of time as we know it I can become overwhelmed. When engaged in a conversation with those who believe a certain way, and gleefully have it all figured out, I often comment “when I figure out how to get the “in Christ” thing right, I will put some energy into the end times. So where is it all going? Only heaven knows, but a couple of things that I do know, I see through a glass darkly and God is good.

I have a hard time believing in a mad vindictive God. If that were the case, why did he show me such mercy?

Who is this king of Glory? He is the lord of Hosts!

1 comment:

  1. And oh what a host. "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." What a great promise.

    ReplyDelete