Sunday, April 11, 2010

Who is this Jesus?

A Greek word used throughout the New Testament, Karios indicates a specific or appointed time. In my life I had reached this place. Standing out beside that mailbox on Highway 26, I knew that I was lost. Spiritual pressure was intense, as I jumped into my vehicle and sped back down the dirt road to our house. I burst through the door of the ranch style house thinking about the events of the last few days.
I could remember only having one nightmare growing up. I had dreamed that I was walking down Third Street in Cheraw South Carolina. In the dream I was in front of a famous dwelling called the Lafayette House. As I walked down the sidewalk a huge bulldog jumped over the fence, chasing me very aggressively. In the dream I could not move my legs and I woke up terrified.
The day before the occurrence at the mailbox, I was in Portland. I had planned on helping a person in trouble. I was interrupted, by this mentioned dream that I had 20 years earlier! The dream used symbolism to speak to my situation then and there. As I reflected on the mind of God, I knew that my heart was to be His.
I ran through the house, I grabbed the Bible. I began reading aloud in a strong voice. I started calling on the name of Jesus. Joani came out of the bedroom, looking at me in wide eyed amazement. She said later that she thought that I had gone mad! I quickly grabbed all the books that I had with occultic content. Rushing to woodstove I hurled them into the blazing fire! I ran into the bedroom and grabbed a pie plate with a large quantity of uncut amphetamine. Joani protested but I was adamant, as I threw it into the fire! I told he “come on we are getting out of here!” When she asked where we were going I told her that I would not speak to here until we were on a church pew!  
We jumped into the Suburban and sped off toward our destiny! 

2 comments:

  1. Keep them coming John. I look more and more forward to each post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John for writing this blog. I keep revisiting it. There is so much wisdom and experience here. Keep writing, my dear friend. You're blessing my life.

    ReplyDelete